When you move into a rental property, it is good to write down anything that is damaged or broken in the house. You might also want to take photos of the damaged things. Usually, you write these things down on a paper (form) called a condition report. This way the landlord cannot ask you to pay for something that was already damaged when you moved in.


This website gives general legal information. It is not legal advice. If you need advice for your problem, please talk to a lawyer.

Click here to find a legal service near you.

If there is information on this website that you think is wrong please contact us.

This website is a project of the NT Community Legal Education Network.
logo-ppt It has been developed with the generous support of the Law Society Public Purposes Trust.