I share a house with a person being violent. What can I do?

A judge can tell the person to move out (a vacate order or premises access order). The judge can do this even if the person owns the house or is on the lease. Ask a lawyer to help you if you want to change a lease because of domestic violence. If you need somewhere...

This website gives general legal information. It is not legal advice. If you need advice for your problem, please talk to a lawyer.

Click here to find a legal service near you.

If there is information on this website that you think is wrong please contact us.

This website is a project of the NT Community Legal Education Network.
logo-ppt It has been developed with the generous support of the Law Society Public Purposes Trust.