family dispute resolution (FDR)

When two people are separating, family dispute resolution (FDR) can help them decide what happens with children, property and money. It is cheaper than going to court.

How do I work out arrangements for my kids after separation?

Family dispute resolution (FDR) is mediation. This means you talk together with your ex-partner and a mediator. You talk about the problems and decide together how to fix them. It helps you and your ex-partner decide about your kids, your property (house, car), and...

What happens to my children if we separate?

Sometimes you cannot agree with your ex-partner about your children. Family Dispute Resolution (FDR) can help people talk about family problems and work out what to do. In FDR you will talk about options for you and your ex-partner, and find answers that are best for...

This website gives general legal information. It is not legal advice. If you need advice for your problem, please talk to a lawyer.

Click here to find a legal service near you.

If there is information on this website that you think is wrong please contact us.

This website is a project of the NT Community Legal Education Network.
logo-ppt It has been developed with the generous support of the Law Society Public Purposes Trust.