How do I work out arrangements for my kids after separation?

Family dispute resolution (FDR) is mediation. This means you talk together with your ex-partner and a mediator. You talk about the problems and decide together how to fix them. It helps you and your ex-partner decide about your kids, your property (house, car), and...

My partner and I are separating. What do I need to know?

If you have children together you will need to work out who is going to care for the children and when you will spend time with them. If you own property, like a house or a car, you will need to work out what will happen to the property. You also need to work out any...

This website gives general legal information. It is not legal advice. If you need advice for your problem, please talk to a lawyer.

Click here to find a legal service near you.

If there is information on this website that you think is wrong please contact us.

This website is a project of the NT Community Legal Education Network.
logo-ppt It has been developed with the generous support of the Law Society Public Purposes Trust.