Money your landlord asks you to pay when you first move into the house. This is different to rent money. The bond is a type of protection for the landlord. The landlord can use this money to fix anything you break or damage, or if you don’t pay your rent.

Your landlord can’t ask you to pay more than four weeks rent for the bond payment.

This website gives general legal information. It is not legal advice. If you need advice for your problem, please talk to a lawyer.

Click here to find a legal service near you.

If there is information on this website that you think is wrong please contact us.

This website is a project of the NT Community Legal Education Network.
logo-ppt It has been developed with the generous support of the Law Society Public Purposes Trust.