How do I register my car?

To register a car/motorbike/truck, the car must be roadworthy. Roadworthy means the car is safe to drive by law. You may need to take the car to a mechanic to check if it is roadworthy. You must go to the MVR and ask them to register the car. You must pay money...

This website gives general legal information. It is not legal advice. If you need advice for your problem, please talk to a lawyer.

Click here to find a legal service near you.

If there is information on this website that you think is wrong please contact us.

This website is a project of the NT Community Legal Education Network.
logo-ppt It has been developed with the generous support of the Law Society Public Purposes Trust.