I bought something but it doesn’t work. What do I do?

The law says that if you buy something and it breaks, doesn’t work properly, or doesn’t do what it is supposed to, you can take it back to the shop for a replacement, repair, or refund. You can also call NT Consumer Affairs on 1800 019 319.

This website gives general legal information. It is not legal advice. If you need advice for your problem, please talk to a lawyer.

Click here to find a legal service near you.

If there is information on this website that you think is wrong please contact us.

This website is a project of the NT Community Legal Education Network.
logo-ppt It has been developed with the generous support of the Law Society Public Purposes Trust.