When can my landlord evict me (get me to move out)?

Your landlord or agent must give you a notice (a piece of paper) to end the tenancy agreement or lease. The paper must tell you the reason why the landlord is ending the lease and the date to leave. If you don’t agree with the reason, you don’t have to move out. If...

My landlord or agent won’t give back my bond. What do I do?

If you don’t know if you have a bond that you should get back, check this website run by NT Consumer Affairs. If your landlord wants to keep some or all of your bond money, they must tell you in a written notice: how much bond money they will keep the reason...

Termination of Tenancy by Landlord

Darwin Community Legal Service’s Termination of Tenancy by Landlord factsheet tells you what reason the landlord or agent can end your lease and have you to move out of the house and how much time you have in different circumstances.
Skip to content