Search Results

10 facts on superannuation
6 Common Scams
A lawyer can help
About Community Legal Education
About licences
About Ombudsman NT – Alyawarra
About Ombudsman NT – Arrarnta
About Ombudsman NT – Eastside Kriol
About Ombudsman NT – Murrinh Patha
About Ombudsman NT – Pintupi-Luritja
About Ombudsman NT – Pitjantjatjara
About Ombudsman NT – Warlpiri
About Ombudsman NT – Yolgnu Matha
ACCC – Resolve a Problem Quiz
ACCC – Shopping Online
ACCC – Your Rights Mob – Indigenous Consumers
Access superannuation
Accessing your super
Adjourn (Yolngu Matha)
Adjournment (Yolngu Matha)
Advice about your visa if you’ve been hurt or harmed by your partner
Affirmation (Yolngu Matha)
AFLS (Aboriginal Family Law Services) – Western Australia
Aggravated (Yolngu Matha)
Alcohol, Drugs and Driving
ALRM (Aboriginal Legal Rights Movement)
ALSWA (Aboriginal Legal Service of Western Australia)
Another driver’s car hit me. It was their fault. How do I get them to fix my car?
Appeals Policy
Applying for a DVO – 1800 Respect
Arrangements for children
Arrest (Yolngu Matha)
Artists in the Black
Artists in the Black
Artists in the Black Artist’s Rights Video Series
ASIC’s Indigenous Help Line – 1300 365 957
Assault (Yolngu Matha)
ATSILS (Aborginal & Torres Strait Islander Legal Services Queensland)
Avoid a funeral RIP-off
Avoid a funeral RIP-off (fact sheet)
Avoid a funeral ripoff factsheet
Avoiding Phone and Internet Scams
Avoiding sales pressure
Avoiding Sales Pressure
AVOs and Family Violence
Bail (Yolngu Matha)
Bail conditions (Yolngu Matha)
Breach (Yolngu Matha)
Bring back the boom box (Yolgnu Matha)
Buying a car
Buying a car – Take a minute with your money
Buying from a private seller online
Buying froma Private Seller Online
CAAFLU (Central Australian Aboriginal Family Legal Unit) – Alice Springs
CAAFLU (Central Australian Aboriginal Family Legal Unit) – Tennant Creek
Can I change, end, or extend the domestic violence order?
Can I drive if I don’t have a licence?
Can my landlord or agent come to my house without telling me?
Can the Department of Housing make me change houses?
Cancellation notice – Consumer Agreements
Cannabis and Driving
Caring for Children when you are not their Parent
Caring for Children when you are not their Parent
CAWLS (Central Australian Women’s Legal Service)
Centrelink Crisis payment
Centrelink Email Scam
Centrelink said I have to get Child Support from the mother/father or they will stop my money. Can they do this?
Centrelink says that I owe them money.
Character reference (Yolngu Matha)
Charge (Yolngu Matha)
Charities, Religious Callers, Market Researchers and the Do Not Knock Sticker
Child Support
Client (Yolngu Matha)
Common Facebook Scams
Communication Skills
Community Law Stories – Jen’s Broken House Part I
Community Law Stories – Jen’s Broken House Part II
Community work order (Yolngu Matha)
Complaint? help from the TIO infosheet
Condition Reports
Condition Reports
connect With Respect
Consumer Affairs Victoria – Unsolicted Consumer Agreements
Consumer Agreements
Consumer leases (Mandarin)
Consumer Rights – 6 Simple Rules
Consumer Rights – Phone Contracts
Contracts – Learn about contracts in Arrernte
Contracts – Learn about contracts in Kriol
Contracts – Learn about contracts in Pitjantjatjara
Contracts – Learn about contracts in Tiwi
Contracts – Learn about contracts in Warlpiri
Contracts – Learn about contracts in West Kriol
Contracts and Agreements
Contracts: Learn about contracts in Yolngu Matha
Cop This (Booklet)
Cop This (Film)
Court orderly (Yolgnu Matha)
Crime (Yolngu Matha)
Criminal law
Daily Court Lists
Dalipunbuy warwu nhuŋ u?
Dating & Romance Scams
Dawn House
DCLS (Darwin Community Legal Service)
Dealing with debt
Dealing with debt collectors
Dealing with family pressure about money
Death benefits
Debt Self Help
Defence lawyer (Yolngu Matha)
Defendant (Yolngu Matha)
Department of Housing – Factsheet
Department of Human Services phishing email scam
Divorce and living arrangements (family law)
Do I have to report domestic violence?
Do I need a lawyer to go to court?
Do Not Call Register: Information for the Public
Do Not Knock film (English)
Do Not Knock film (Yolngu Matha)
Do Not Knock Sign
Do you have a domestic violence order against you?
Do you have a problem with your telephone or internet provider?
Domestic and family violence fact sheet (English)
Domestic and family violence storyboard
Domestic and family violence: How to report
Domestic violence
Domestic Violence – CAALAS Night Patrol
Domestic Violence – CAALAS Night Patrol (PITJANTJATJARA)
Domestic Violence – CAALAS Night Patrol (Eastern Arrerrnte)
Domestic Violence – CAALAS Night Patrol (Warlpiri)
Domestic Violence and Tenancy
Domestic violence is happening to one of my workers. What do I do?
Domestic violence is happening to someone I know – what do I need to do?
Domestic Violence Legal Service Brochure
Domestic Violence Orders – Information for people in Need of Protection
Domestic Violence Orders – Information for People in need of Protection
Domestic Violence Orders – NT.GOV.AU
Domestic Violence Orders. Information for Defendants
Domestic Violence Orders. Information for Defendants.
Domestic Violence support
Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and the Workplace
Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and the Workplace
Don’t leave your money behind
Door to Door Sales
Drink Driving Penalties
Drink driving: Pleading guilty?
Drug Driving Penalties
DV Work Aware for LGBTIQA+ employees
DVLS (Domestic Violence Legal Service)
Early access to your super
Ebay – My purchase hasn’t arrived
Entitlement Policy
eSafety Women: Alicia’s story
eSafety Women: Being social
eSafety Women: Bella’s story
eSafety Women: eSafety checklist
eSafety Women: Keeping children safe
eSafety Women: Take Control
Facebook Scams – English
Facebook Scams – Yolngu Matha
Facts about: Domestic violence
Fake Customs Email
Fake email – Rebate scam
Fake email scams
Fake goverment agency scam
Fake goverment scams
False Advertising
Family and Relationship Problems
Family dispute resolution at the Family Relationship Centre
Family dispute resolution at the NT Legal Aid Commission
Family Law and Children
Family safety pack (46 languages)
Family Tax Benefit
Family violence and partner visas fact sheet (English)
Family Violence and your Visa
Faulty Fashion? Use your rights
Faulty Fashion? Use your Rights
Feel unsafe? What to do
File (Yolngu Matha)
Find a Financial Counsellor
Finding lost and unclaimed super
Forced and early marriage fact sheet (English)
Full non-contact DVO poster
Furniture Schemes
Georgina’s Facebook fiancé leaves her flat broke
Get help
Get smarter with your data
Get the Sticker
Get to know your super
Going to Court
Going to Court as a Witness
Going to NT youth justice court
Good art, good deal
Good behaviour bond (Yolngu Matha)
Got a fine?
Grandparent Carers: Legal and Financial Support
Guarantees and Warranties
Guide to character reference writing
Guilty (Yolngu Matha)
Having a Grandchild in your Care
Hearing (Yolngu Matha)
How can a DVO protect my kids?
How can I get a driver licence?
How can I get my relative’s super after they die?
How can I help my relative or friend in jail?
How do domestic violence orders get made?
How do I apply for a Divorce
How do I find out when I have to go to court?
How do I get a divorce?
How do I get a DVO?
How do I register my car?
How do I work out arrangements for my kids after separation?
How do we Separate?
How long will court take?
How much super do I have? Where is it?
How super works (Arrernte)
How the Ombudsman can help with complaints
How to Complain: Resolving problems with financial products and services
How to make a complaint that gets heard
How to return an eBay item for a refund
How to return an ebay item for a refund
I am a Grandparent looking after my grandchild. What are my rights?
I am a victim of domestic violence. What can I do?
I am experiencing domestic violence and have no money.
I am going to court. What do I do?
I am on a visa and my partner is violent. What can I do?
I am protected by a DVO. How can I change the DVO?
I am renting something but I think I am spending too much money.
I am under 18 and I am going to court. What do I do?
I borrowed money to buy my car, but I can’t pay the loan back. What can I do?
I bought something but it doesn’t work. What do I do?
I bought something from overseas, but it did not come yet. What can I do?
I bought something online but it wasn’t what I expected. Can I get my money back?
I do not agree with a decision of Department of Housing – what can I do?
I don’t have car insurance and just had an accident. What do I do?
I get lots of phone calls from businesses and charities asking for money or to sell me something. Can I make it stop?
I got a Facebook message from a friend asking for money to get a new passport
I got an email from my bank/Centrelink asking for my bank details? Should I give them out?
I got an email saying I won the lotto. I put money in the account, like they asked, but I haven’t got my money. What can I do?
I got caught drink driving. What happens now?
I got caught driving an unregistered car.
I got caught drug driving. What happens now?
I got ripped off by someone. What can I do?
I had a car accident and the other driver wants me to pay to fix their car. What do I do?
I had a car accident. What do I do?
I have a fine that I can’t pay all at once. What are my options?
I have a problem with the service delivery of the Department of Housing – what can I do?
I have a warrant what do I do?
I have experienced domestic violence and need some time off work. Can I get some time off?
I have to go to court as a witness.
I have to leave my house because of violence. What can I do?
I just found out that someone took money out of my account, but it wasn’t me. What do I do?
I missed my court date – what do I do?
I rent a place and it got damaged because of DV. What can I do?
I share a house with a person being violent. What can I do?
I signed a contract and I don’t read English well. I don’t know what I signed for. What can I do?
I signed a phone or internet contract, but I don’t get phone or internet service in my area. Do I have to pay their bills?
I think someone is bullying me on my phone or social media. What should I do?
I want custody of my children
I want to end my lease. How can I do that?
I’m an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander artist. Someone wants to buy my art. How do I know if it is a good deal?
I’m worried my kids aren’t safe to use their phones or computers, what do I do?
I’m having relationship problems. Where can I go for help?
Imprisonment (Yolngu Matha)
Indigenous consumer rights
Indigenous consumer rights
Indigneous Art Code
Information for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employees
Information for employees affected by domestic and family violence
Information for women from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds
Innocent (Yolngu Matha)
Internet shopping explained
It’s OK to walk away poster
Judge (Yolngu Matha)
Jury (Yolngu Matha)
Juvenile (Yolngu Matha)
KCLS (Kimberley Community Legal Service)
Keeping track of your super
Know your rights when you’re doorknocked
KWILS (Katherine Women’s Information & Legal Service)
landlord access and privacy factsheet
Law for You – Arabic
Law for You – Burmese
Law for You – Chinese
Law for You – Dari
Law for You – Hindi
Law for You – Nepali
Law for You – Persian
Law for You – Swahili
Law for You – Vietnamese
Law Handbook – Drink and Drug Driving Standards
Lawstuff – Licenses
LawStuff Licences
Lawyer (Yolngu Matha)
Learn how to spot phishing and spam email
Leasing or Renting Goods
Legal Aid Queensland
Legal Aid Western Australia
Legal issues for Older People – Are you a Grandparent?
Letters of Demand
Licence classes and conditions
Licence Classes Factsheet
Licence Suspension and Disqualification Factsheet
Licences Factsheet
Lifecycle of a complaint
Lottery Scam
Lotto scam
Make a plan – Domestic Violence
Manage your super: After death
Manage your super: New to Australia
Markets and Pawnbrokers
Mention (Yolngu Matha)
Mobile phone contracts
Money Smart
Money Talks
Moving Beyond Family Conflict
Moving beyond family conflict – A guide to family dispute resolution
Murrinhpatha — English Legal Glossary: Difficult words that come from non-Aboriginal law
MVR – Licence classes and conditions
My Consumer Rights – Guarantees and Warranties
My Consumer Rights – Shopping Refunds
My friend / family member got taken away by police. How can I contact them?
My landlord or agent won’t give back my bond. What do I do?
My partner and I are separating. What do I need to know?
My rights with the police
My Shopping Rights
NAAFLS (North Australian Aboriginal Family Legal Service) – Darwin
NAAFLS (North Australian Aboriginal Family Legal Service) – Katherine
NAAJA (North Australian Aboriginal Justice Agency) – Alice Springs
NAAJA (North Australian Aboriginal Justice Agency) – Darwin
NAAJA (North Australian Aboriginal Justice Agency) – Katherine
NAAJA (North Australian Aboriginal Justice Agency) – Tennant Creek
Non-violence DVO
Northern Territory Domestic and Family Violence Services
Northern Territory Law Handbook – Domestic and Family Violence
Northern Territory Law Handbook – Parenting After Separation: Parental Responsibility
Northern Territory Law handbook – Parenting After the Separation: Agreeing About the Children
Northern Territory Law handbook – Renting
Not guilty (Yolngu Matha)
NT Law Handbook – Couples Who are Married: Divorce
NT Law Handbook – Parenting after Separation: Child Support
NT Law handbook – Parenting After Separation: Common Conflicts Over Parenting Arrangements
NT Legal Aid Commission – Alice Springs
NT Legal Aid Commission – Darwin
NT Legal Aid Commission – Katherine
NT Legal Aid Commission – Palmerston
NT Legal Aid Commission – Tennant Creek
NT Road Users’ Handbook
NT Working Women’s Centre – Alice Springs
NT Working Women’s Centre – Darwin
One Million Dollars
Online complaint – Superannuation Complaints Tribunal
Online Dating Scam – Ben’s Story
Online Dating Scams
Online safety
Online scams
Online Shopping
Our Right to Safety
Our Right to Safety and Respect
Out of credit
Owning a mobile phone
Parenting Arrangements – Frequently Asked Questions
Penalties for Breaking Driving Laws
People keep knocking on my door to sell me things. How can I make them stop?
Perpetrator (Yolngu Matha)
Personal Violence Order
Phone and Internet Complaints
Phone Hunters English Version
Phone Hunters Yolngu Matha Version
Phone problems?
Phone problems? (Arrernte)
Phone-paku problem ngaranyi?
Plain English Legal Dictionary
Plea of guilty (Yolngu Matha)
Plea of not guilty (Yolngu Matha)
Police (Yolngu Matha)
Police caution in Kriol
Police Caution in NT Aboriginal Languages
Police prosecutor (Yolngu Matha)
Poster Sample
Problem Phone Kurlu?
Property damage
Prosecutor (Yolngu Matha)
Protect Yourself from Charity Scams
Protect yourself from scams
Protected person (Yolngu Matha)
Purchasing a mobile phone
QIFVLS (Queensland Indigenous Family Violence Legal Service)
QLD: Second-hand doesn’t have to mean second-rate safety
Questions to ask before signing a phone contract
REALS (Respondent Early Assistance Legal Service)
Recognise scam or hoax emails and websites
Register your vehicle for the first time
Relationship Checklist
Relationship scams
Rent to buy
Rent-to-own consumer leases
Renting Appliances
Renting in Community
Renting things for your home: how consumer leases work
Repairs of rental house DCLS factsheet
Repairs of rental house NTCA
Report a Cybercrime
Report Domestic and Family Violence
Reporting a crash
Resale money message in Kriol language
Resale money message in Western Kriol language
Resolve a Consumer Rights problems – Quiz
Resolving common renting problems
Retiring: Accessing your super
Returning Goods
Returning Goods
Right to silence (Yolngu Matha)
Road User’s Handbook
Romance Scam
Rules for door-to-door salespeople
Safety Planning
SBS settlement guide: Avoid falling victim to online fraudsters
SBS settlement guide: Divorce in Australia
SBS settlement guide: How to access help for domestic violence
SBS settlement guide: What is superannuation?
SBS settlement guide: What to do when you get a fine and how to fight it
SBS settlement guide:What are your consumer rights in Australia?
Scam emails and websites
Scamwatch: Where to get help
Second Hand Items- Refunds
Second-hand Cot Saftey
Security Deposits (Bonds)
Sending Money Online Story
Sentence (Yolngu Matha)
Shelter Me NT – Emergency Relief Services
Shopping Laws
Shopping Laws
Shopping Refunds
Should I say I am guilty or not guilty?
Smart shopping with Casey and Reece
SmartSafe: Smartphones, social media and other technology
SmartSafe: Technology Safety Planning & Privacy Tips
Someone asked me to write a letter for their court case. What do I write?
Someone hassled me to buy/sign something I don’t want. What can I do?
Someone I met online asked to borrow some money from me, but they won’t pay it back.
Someone is being violent and abusive to me, but I am not in a domestic relationship with them. What can I do?
Someone is chasing me for money I owe. I can’t pay it. What can I do?
Something is broken in my house. Who should fix it?
Sorting out your money problems
Spam Emails
Staying safe
Stevie’s Scam School: Lottery scam
Stevie’s Scam School: Rebate scam
Stevie’s Scam School: Romance Scam
Story: Getting a case to court (Yolngu Matha)
Story: Offence and police investigation (Yolngu Matha)
Story: Police interviews (Yolngu Matha)
Story: Sentencing (Yolngu Matha)
Super and pension age calculator
Super and us mob
Super death benefits
Super Guru: What is super?
Superannuation – MoneySmart AU
Superannuation for under 25s
Superannuation scams
Support a Friend
Suspended sentence (Yolngu Matha)
Swear (Yolngu Matha)
Tenancy Disputes in the NTCAT
Termination of Tenancy by Landlord
Termination of Tenancy by Tenant
TEWLS (Top End Women’s Legal Service)
Thanks but no thanks: Inducement
Thanks but no thanks:pressure
Thanks, but no thanks: Cool Off
Thanks, but no thanks: Pressure
The Cut Off
The Indulkana Tigers Get Schooled on Contracts: Arts Law’s Artists in the Black Service
The police caught me driving with a disqualified licence. What can I do?
The police charged me. What do I do?
The Police made a DVO against me, what can I do?
Too good to be true
Too many super accounts?
Travelling Con Men
Trial (Yolngu Matha)
Types of scams
Unauthorised Transactions
Unit 1: What is superannuation?
Unsolicited Consumer Agreement
unsolicited consumer agreements
Urgent help with money
Vehicle Inspectors
Vehicle Standards
Victim (Yolngu Matha)
Victims of Crimes – Compensation
Visiting someone in prison
Warning Signs
Warrant (Yolngu Matha)
Welfare Rights (Centrelink)
Western Queensland Justice Network
What are domestic violence orders?
What are family and relationship problems?
What are the different kinds of DVOs?
What do I need to know if I am buying something secondhand?
What goes into your super?
What happens if I don’t follow the rules in a DVO?
What happens if someone breaks a domestic violence order?
What happens to a person’s visa if there’s domestic and family violence?
What happens to my children if we separate?
What happens to my gun licence if a DVO is made against me?
What is a domestic violence order (DVO)?
What is Domestic and Family Violence (Audio in many languages)
What is domestic and family violence?
What is domestic and family violence?
What is domestic violence?
What is financial counselling?
What is superannuation (super)?
What is superannuation?
What is superannuation? (Mongolian)
What is the Do Not Call Register
What is the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman?
What to do after a car accident
What to do if you receive a letter of demand.
What to do when you can not go to court
What to do when you miss court
What types of things can a domestic violence order stop?
What will happen in court?
What you can do – Domestic Violence
What’s the Law – Car Accidents
What’s the Law – Driving Rules
What’s the Law – Family Violence
What’s the law – the Australian Legal System
What’s the Law? – Police (Film)
What’s the law? – Renting
What’s the Law? Driving Rules
What’s the law? Family law
When can I get my super?
When can my landlord evict me (get me to move out)?
Where to get help
Why is super important to you?
Witness (Yolngu Matha)
Witness Assistance Service Contact Details
Witness statement (Yolngu Matha)
Worried about Warrants
Yoo gud broblum wid yor foan?
You understand, don’t you? (Pintupi-Luritja) – Court role play
You understand, don’t you? (Yolngu Matha)
Young people and superannuation
Your rights when you buy something
Your rights when you buy something (Arabic)
Your rights when you buy something (Audio PDF)
Your rights when you buy something (Chinese simplified)
Your rights when you buy something (Greek)
Your rights when you buy something (Hindi)
Your rights when you buy something (Italian)
Your rights when you buy something (ReadSpeaker)
Your rights when you buy something (Spanish)
Your rights when you buy something (Tagalog)
Your rights when you buy something (Vietnamese)
Your Shopping Rights
Youth Justice Court
Youth Law Australia

Skip to content